This balance cushion is designed to enhance your balance, stabilisation and motor coordination. It is placed on the floor or a chair. Then, the person sat on the cushion will use various muscles in their body to remain upright and stable. It is commonly used in physiotherapeutic offices, and especially in yoga and Pilates classes.
It can be used by people returning after an injury. This is to rebuild the stabilisation and proprioception of their body. We also recommend it to people who spend a lot of time in a sitting position.
Our balance cushion is made of the highest quality PVC material. Additionally, it has a vent to adjust the inflation levels.
When can the cushion be used?
1. Apply it during your sedentary work. Sitting on the pillow will tense your core muscles to keep your spine straight. This will strengthen the stabilisation of your spine, and in the long run will eliminate possible pain.
2. Stand on the pillow with one leg. Try to keep your balance. Once your balance has stabilised, start slightly swinging the other leg forward, sideways and backwards. This exercise will improve the stabilisation of your ankle and knee joints. It will also improve the balance and coordination of the body.
- Corrective exercises
- Balance exercises
- Coordination exercises
- Relief of the lumbar area while prolonged sitting
- Made of PVC
- Vent for individual adjustment of cushion inflation level
- Two sided: one side plain and one side with massaging tabs
- Pump included
- Diameter: 34cm
- Colours available: black
For added strength training, why not try our Pilates Circle.