Hot & cold packs are made of durable nylon material inside which there is an active gel which accumulates cold or warmth. The packs are universal and reusable. They are used in cold or hot therapy to stop swelling, reduce the production of lymph and reduce pain caused by injuries.
When using the heat therapy, it increases tissue temperature thus increasing blood flow. Heat has a pain-relieving effect, therefore, it reduces muscle tension.
Reasons to use Heat Therapy:
- reduction of pain;
- injuries of ligaments and joints;
- as a preparation before physical exercise
When using the cold therapy, is reduces blood flow to a particular area, which can significantly reduce inflammation and swelling that causes pain, especially around a joint or tendon.
Reasons to use Cold Therapy:
- conditions after injuries and overstraining e.g. tears of muscles and ligaments
- joint dislocations and twists;
- inflammation of tissues;
- to lower temperature in states of subfebrile and fever;
- tissues swelling.
54 x 19 cm