Resistance bands are ideal fitness bands for functional exercises. Adding resistance to a workout or exercise, works the muscles harder. This builds strength faster. When used correctly, this small piece of equipment can bring very positive effects to the muscles in the body. Use the elastic band to stretch and strengthen the muscles. It is small in size and therefore, it is easily stored. Additionally, it is ideal for on the road. It is a non-looped band, which means it can be used for stretching of the foot or calves. It can also be tied to a door or frame and used to stretch and strengthen other muscles, such as arms, hands and wrists.
What exercises can I do with resistance bands?
1. Bicep Curl
2. Lateral band walk (Attach the band around the ankles and walk sidewards like a crab.)
3. Upright row
4. Lateral raise (Attach the band under you feet. While keeping your legs straight, pull the band up sideways towards to the sky.)
5. Glute bridge
6. Resistance band push-ups
7. Bicycle crunch
8. Pull-down (Sit on a chair or bench. Attach the band to the top of a door and pull the band down towards your chest.)
9. Leg curl
10. Chest fly
11. Russian Twist
12. Triceps kickbacks
Any many more.
What is the benefit of using resistance bands?
– Less chance of injury than using free weights
– Activates the core
– Increases strength and mobility
– Inexpensive compared to gym membership costs.
For our range of looped exercise bands, click here.